ROYAL PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY JUBILEE AWARD
The RPS Jubilee Award closed on 30th September, 2012
For 2012, the Royal Photographic Society (RPS), in partnership with the Royal Commonwealth Society, launched a special award in honour of Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee.
The top prize is a trip to London. The Competition closed on 30th September, and the winner was named as Sudipto Das from India. His winning entry 'Prayer' can be seen below.
- A trip to London in Autumn 2012 to be present at the prestigious event with high profile guests where the very best entries into the Jubilee Time Capsule will be sealed and celebrated.
- A 4 day photo essay project in London, with skills building workshops, visits and photographic activities (expenses covered).
- Mentored by RPS photographers until Spring 2013 to produce a collection that will then be drawn together into an exhibition in your home country and in London to celebrate the 'Connecting Cultures for the Jubilee' theme.
- You can enter as many entries as you would like for different dates on the timeline.
- You must submit some text to accompany the image to explain why it is relevant for the chosen date.
- You must select "Royal Photographic Society" from the drop down menu to be eligible. If you select this correct category form the drop down menu, you will be eligible for prizes in the RPS Jubilee Award and the Jubilee Time Capsule.
- Your entry must be about a date on the timeline since 6th February 1952. The image itself does not need to have been taken on the day it relates to.
- You will be contacted by the panel of judges by October 2012 to notify you if you have been successful and will be brought to London.
- Runners-up will also then be notified if their image will join others for an exhibition in London in Autumn 2012.
- The panel of judges is looking for something that creatively brings to life the cross cultural nature of the Commonwealth and which is an excellent example of photography in the Commonwealth. They are looking for a photographer who wishes to expand and develop their skills and experiences in an international setting.
- The images do not have to be directly about the Jubilee or Her Majesty the Queen.
- The photographer will retain copyright of the images, but the RCS and RPS will have the right to use them for publicity purposes of the Jubilee Time Capsule and materials.
- The images selected for exhibition must be available in high enough resolution to exhibit.